Are you buying a home? Have you considered new construction? Many homebuyers skip right past the new homes, assuming that they’re too expensive. While new homes often do cost more, there are benefits to owning new that should be considered as well.
Benefits of Buying a New Home
Fewer Repairs and Lower Maintenance Costs: With a new house, repairs such as repainting, re-shingling the roof, and replacing the AC are a long ways off - you have plenty of time to prepare for them. However, you never really know what unexpected expenses will be lurking in an older house.
- Move in Ready: Your new home will be ready for you from day one. You won't have to worry about replacing carpet, updating the appliances, scraping the popcorn ceilings, or repainting walls.
- Warranty: If you do experience an unexpected defect without cause during the first year, it’s likely to be covered under warranty.
- Financing: Upgrades anyone? Your new construction upgrades can probably be included in your financing package. Want the same upgrades on your used home? You’ll have to come up with the funds out of pocket.
- Customization: Hate the fixtures in the bathroom? Select another option. Your new home builder may offer finishing options that include fixtures, flooring, cabinet finishes, lighting, and more.
- Modern Floor Plans: Newly constructed homes are built for today’s lifestyle including open floor plans, walk-in closets, large master bathrooms, laundry rooms near the bedrooms, additional storage, and outdoor areas for entertaining.
- New Neighborhood: New homes are usually part of a new neighborhood, which also probably means new roads, new schools, modern green spaces, and community amenities like pools
- Fire Safety: New construction often includes features that make them safer than older homes - features like fire retardant finishes and insulation, hard-wired smoke detectors, and integrated carbon monoxide alarms.
- Smart Systems: New homes often come with some “smart” features built in (i.e. thermostat), and new data wiring makes them much more compatible for future “smart” additions.
- Increased Energy Efficiency: New homeowners benefit from changes in appliances, finishing materials, insulation, and energy efficient windows, lowering both their energy bills and their carbon footprint.
Contact us at Alturas Homes to learn more about purchasing a new home, or visit our website to see some of our floor plans.