1. Matte Black - Ease your worries because matte black is here to stay. Plumbing fixtures, cabinet pulls, cabinet and millwork color, lighting and accents galore. It pairs well with everything and balances out an otherwise bright and airy palette. Add a little, add a lot, it just works.
2. Raw Materials - Handmade is everything right now or even just the look of it being handmade. I'm seeing this a lot in tile, quartz, hardwood flooring, hardware and lighting. In the tile world this will be a knockout with varying finishes and colors from tile to tile in the same batch creating an authentic, aged look that looks great next to new polished finishes.
3. Texture Contrast - Speaking of handmade tiles next to new finishes, high contrasts and juxtapositions will also be a trend for design. Something "old" paired with something new. One of my favorite examples of this is a kitchen done by Taylor and Taylor I think this is such a great mix with the vintage table, green cabinets and handmade backsplash and floor tile.
4. Green - Especially on cabinets. There are so many different shades that all look gorgeous on cabinetry. It pairs really well with wood tones, whites, grays, blacks and gold.
5. Marble - I have been seeing marble with dramatic veining everywhere and done for maximum wow factor. Whether it's carried down the side of a kitchen island, up on a backsplash in a full slab or done on floor and wall in bathrooms, this luxe finish is taking over for more subtle surfaces. I love this kitchen by Athena Calderone of Eyeswoon, the marble and the black in this space is absolutely gorgeous.